Customer Bill of Rights
East Baton Rouge Parish does not require tree service companies to be licensed. As such, fly-by-night tree service companies will often violate the rights of their customers. We set the standards for the tree service industry by creating the Customer Bill of Rights. This document details what customers should expect from a tree service company.
As a LeBlanc's Tree Service customer, we firmly believe you have the following rights
- You have a right to expect that your tree service company will show up when they say they will and finish your job in a timely manner.
- You have a right to expect that all work will be completed to your satisfaction.
- You have a right to a fair and reasonable price.
- You have a right to expect that a qualified Arborist will be consulted during all appropriate phases of your tree service work.
- You have a right to expect that your tree service company will adhere to National Arborist Association/ TCA pruning standards and not engage in unprofessional tree care tactics.
- You have a right to expect that only knowledgeable, experienced tree service workers will be allowed to work on your property.
- You have a right to expect all tree service workers will adhere to a strict code of conduct that includes no drinking, no foul language and no horseplay.
- You have a right to expect that all tree service workers will follow on the job safety standards and wear brightly colored uniforms, so that they are visible to their co-workers, pedestrians and passing motorists.
- You have a right to expect that the tree service workers on your job will posses the required communication skills to address your questions and concerns.
- You have a right to expect your tree service company to clean up their mess when the work is done.
- You have a right to expect that your tree service company will operate in an environmentally friendly manner by recycling nearly 100% of all the trees and brush they remove from your property.